[OSM-talk] ​Promoting OSM through the media (Bryce Nesbitt)

Alan Bragg alan.d.bragg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 01:31:38 UTC 2015

I liked Bryce's excellent idea to comment on a news story by linking to a
OSM "node". Following the link gave a reader not only the  location but all
of the detail of his changeset.

I tried this today by linking a news article to a "way" encompassing a
controversial housing development in my town. My link added context to the
news article that only included the lot numbers. Next I'll contact our
local editor and see if I can link to articles before they are published,
maybe I can teach her how to make the links.

I'd like to hear more ways to promote OSM. What's yours?

Alan