[OSM-talk] Bus Routes

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:53:27 UTC 2015

> Looks like I need to find a different route, something easier. What I
> picked looked easy, only 4 stops, but over 100km long.
>
> My plan is to do as suggested, a relationship for each direction. When
> done, I'll look at a master relation for all.
>
> So two questions:
> 1) When looking at the bus routes in Rome, I noticed bus_stops are group
> together in the relation, not interspersed between ways. I would have
> thought that the stops would be in spatial order with the ways.

All the stops are together, either as the first members or the last. In the
order they are served.

> 2) Is it necessary to use forward/backward if the ways are in order?

There is no need for roles on the ways. If you put all of them in order,
you'll notice JOSM draws a continuous line on the right side of the
relation editor. This is quite nice to check whether the route is still
continuous. The route relations are fragile...
If you intersperse the stops among the ways, the continuity becomes harder
to check.

Polyglot