[OSM-talk] Mapnik - school names

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Thu Sep 10 11:21:45 UTC 2015

W dniu 10.09.2015 12:57, César Martínez Izquierdo napisał(a):

> There are many other amenities having much lower relevance which are
> rendered using an icon.
> Is there any reason for excluding schools and universities?

I guess this is just historical fact. Most amenities have only the icon,
so this is not about the importance - schools have yellowish background
for the area in return. However hospitals have both the icon and the
area color, so it's just a matter of designing the icon, preparing the
code (PR) and the will of style developers to merge it. Feel free to
join the discussion:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/120

I can prepare the icon and PR, I just need some feedback how it should
look like (I find blackboard nice for schools) and the fact the issue is
open means that probably nobody would be against the idea (although
that's not guaranteed, of course).

down" [A. Cohen]