[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Slack

malenki osm_ at malenki.ch
Sat Apr 2 15:52:41 UTC 2016

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 12:23:29 +0100,
Dave F wrote:

> > Do really want to read the full log of a chat room?
> If there were a record, many IRC discussions wouldn't occur.

Is that so?
Despite OSM forum, wiki and help there are a lot of people who ask
questions which are already answered.
It doesn't depend on the medium that some people cannot or don't want
to RTFM.
And in IRC it is not unfriendly just to paste a matching link to the
question asked, no need to be overly verbose, log into any forum or
format the text.

> It's often used by the weak/arrogant who are too
> scared/self-important to have their opinions verified & countered.

I am curious (but don't really want to know) in which IRC regions you
roam.
The people I do meet in IRC regularly a friendly, helpful and skillful
and more often than not quite non-boasting.
Just some names for the record (no weight in completeness and order) I
read regularly: woodpeck, Pascal N, katpatuka, Harry Wood, Richard F,
pnorman, SK53, Firefishy, Lonvia, Simon Poole.

scared
weak
arrogant
self important
[with questionable opinions]

Well, consider it yourself.

And not-so-humble I do consider myself also quite skilled regarding OSM
and mostly a nice person.

The trolls or idiots which pass by now and then occur in every medium.
They consume only so much time and energy you really spend on them –
and in IRC they often don't have much patience. :P

hth
Thomas

(Originally I did not want to respond to this nonsense but since I
finally reply to another mail of your I thought: Whatever)