[OSM-talk] RfD notification: Purge tag "priority" from tracks

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 10:17:36 UTC 2016

On 08/04/2016 20:30, Paul Norman wrote:
> On 4/8/2016 7:14 AM, Roland Olbricht wrote:
>>
>> This constitutes a mechanical edit. Therefore, I would like to notify
>> you that I have put a request for discussion on talk-transit@ .
>> If you would like to discuss, please do so there.
>
> The talk-transit@ list is inactive, and not entirely relevant since
> railways are not just transit. Because you're only looking at items in
> the UK and Germany you're best off consulting with the local lists for
> those places.

In the case of the UK the changeset (singular) seems to be
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/26097829 .

If the adder of that was to remove one of the tags that they and they
only added to the ways in that changeset, I'm not even convinced that it
would be a mechanical edit.  Letting people know via talk-gb would still
be a good idea though - and of course via the German forum for the
German edits.

On the more general subject of railway tagging, I'm confused (see the
discussion on https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/38327884 ) - but a
discussion about "a German interpretation of UK non-standard railway
infrastructure" is probably one for talk-GB as well.

Cheers,

Andy