[OSM-talk] classification of airports/aerodromes (was: Old Aerodromes)

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Tue Apr 12 19:47:36 UTC 2016

Am 12.04.2016 um 11:40 schrieb Christoph Hormann:
> This is also a problem for map rendering - map styles use these features
> to place labels and icons but these features are generally too
> ill-defined and undifferentiated to do this properly.
I agree completely. This is something that should be improved: we need
at least some rough categories for aerodromes. Because it does not make
sense to me at all to render a grass strip exactly the same as a big
international airport.
This is open since years but nobody really took care about this
Of cause this will not be easy as the regulations are different in the
different countries. But we should find some categorization. And any
approach is better than the current situation.

Best regards,
Michael.