[OSM-talk] Bicycle GPS traces - more opendata

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 20:55:02 UTC 2016

Apols it looks as if only pact of my message got sent.

My local city is purchasing bicycle GPS track data from a company that
has a fitness app.  Apparently many cities would like this sort of
data.  However it doesn't capture those who don't have a smartphone nor
those who choose not to install a commercial app on their phone.

OSM has a history of capturing GPS data from devices, and having well
written procedures to upload it.

I don't think it needs the current GPS trace database cluttering up with
more traces but could the cycling fraternity come up with a process to
store this type of data as open data?

Thanks John
--
Sent from Postbox