[OSM-talk] osm maps on wikipedia - discussion

Stefano sabas88 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 09:06:23 UTC 2016

On Apr 30, 2016 10:49, "Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> Il giorno 29 apr 2016, alle ore 17:42, Simone Cortesi <simone at cortesi.com>
ha scritto:

>> Martin, please NO FUD, you know that Wikimedia Italia is not just wmf
Italian counterpart but we do other stuff related to open knowledge and
open access and libraries.

>> Our main source of income does not come from Wikimedia Foundation.
>

> Simone, I just wanted to point out that as of 27.1.2016, when you and
Martijn van Exel signed the official agreement, Wikimedia Italy is the
official local chapter of OSMF for  Italy. OSMF Italy is a subgroup of
wikimedia Italy. No FUD.

Martin, I know italian isn't your mother tongue, so I'll explain to you in
this way.
WMI is a chapter of both WMF and OSMF. (Focusing only on your point)
So OSM mappers are members of WMI as WP users are (only focused on a
different project).

http://www.wikimedia.it/wikimedia-italia-e-diventata-ufficialmente-il-secondo-chapter-locale-di-openstreetmap-foundation-e-il-primo-a-unire-wikipedia-e-osm/