[OSM-talk] osm maps on wikipedia - discussion

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 08:41:30 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 29 apr 2016, alle ore 17:42, Simone Cortesi <simone at cortesi.com> ha scritto:
>
> Martin, please NO FUD, you know that Wikimedia Italia is not just wmf Italian counterpart but we do other stuff related to open knowledge and open access and libraries.
>
> Our main source of income does not come from Wikimedia Foundation.

Simone, I just wanted to point out that as of 27.1.2016, when you and Martijn van Exel signed the official agreement, Wikimedia Italy is the official local chapter of OSMF for  Italy. OSMF Italy is a subgroup of wikimedia Italy. No FUD.

http://www.wikimedia.it/wikimedia-italia-e-diventata-ufficialmente-il-secondo-chapter-locale-di-openstreetmap-foundation-e-il-primo-a-unire-wikipedia-e-osm/

https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters/Applications/Italy

cheers,
Martin