[OSM-talk] Is tile rendering having a crisis?

Ben Discoe bdiscoe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 21:41:58 UTC 2016

The tile renderer, "renderd", has been heavily overloaded for quite a
while, like 90% of the time it is dropping, and the dirty queue is
entirely ignored.  However, in the past day, something has happened so
that it is even more overloaded, even the standard request queue is
not getting handled, and the dropped is out of control:

http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/orm.openstreetmap/renderd_processed.html

Does anyone know what's going on?  This is a large frustration for me,
and I'd happily donate money to beefing up our render server(s).

Thanks,
Ben