[OSM-talk] Forum admin(s) wanted

Hakuch hakuch at posteo.de
Tue Aug 16 10:04:30 UTC 2016

On 16.08.2016 11:45, Jóhannes Birgir Jensson wrote:
> Þann 16.08.2016 00:24, Nicolás Alvarez reit:
>> ArchiveTeam.org is already doing this HTML backup.

> With access to forums you only see after login?

The scraping is not about a html-backup. What we would need for
transfering the old posts into a new forum software is the raw DB Data.
If we cant get them from the server itself, we have to reproduce it from
the html view. My script is able to do that.

> As for "no panic" then we've got several projects cooking in Iceland
> after a beneficial annual meeting but we've not launched them yet
> because we don't want to fragment any more than strictly needed so the
> forum issue has been plaguing us. We could set up our own forum and go
> from there but that is counter-productive in the long run.

as this new-server-software project will take some time. How do you
think about hijacking another country-subforum? There are a lot where no
one is active with only very few posts. I would accept it as temporary
solution.