[OSM-talk] Applying different restrictions in different directions on a road

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 11:37:34 UTC 2016

The bicycle wiki page has examples for many different kinds of situations:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle

Basically, you can have restrictions based on mode of transport (eg
oneway:bycicle) or if really needed have access tags with a direction
(bicycle:forward).

> I think I have asked this before a long time ago here - but I can't find
> the original message, or remember the answer I'm afraid. I am trying to add
> tags to a road which has permission for all vehicles forward, but only
> buses and bicycles backward. I can't get my head around how to do this.
> Should I make it one-way, and somehow add exceptions for buses and bicycles
> in the opposite direction? I guess I can't use buslane=*, as it's not just
> a bus lane - or should I? Also, if I add buslane=*, will that translate
> automatically into prohibition for the rest of the vehicles in one of the
> directions?
>
> Any suggestions much appreciated.

Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |