[OSM-talk] Beware Pokemon users

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 10:31:33 UTC 2016

Just to pick up one point from this...

On 26/12/16 11:36, Rod Bera wrote:
> Systematic bias put into the OSM base towards maximising benefits for a
> minority of users is a threat.
> Especially when the primary interest of these users is not OSM in itself.

Sounds like I'm bang to rights there!  Most of what I add to OSM
(footpaths, trees, whether a local pub has a stone floor and a real fire
etc.) could be exactly described as "maximising benefits for a minority
of users".  Worse, the local OSMers all seem to be doing the same thing
- shops, house numbers, a borderline obsession with tunnels, but
everyone has different ideas of what to do, so that somehow a wide range
of things are covered.

Cheers,

Andy