[OSM-talk] Change in line barrier rendering coming up

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:50:23 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 14.02.2016 um 23:06 schrieb nebulon42 <nebulon42 at yandex.com>:
>
> This change (in the same way as other catch-all removals some time ago) is intended to improve tagging quality and reduce tagging for the renderer. The particular list is of course open to continuous discussion. As concrete example barrier=line is going to be removed from the rendering,

I can understand the desire to consolidate tagging, but reducing the rendering of barriers to less, more frequently used (and maybe occurring) tags will lead to more tagging for the renderer, because people will retag the now unrendered (because less used and maybe also in reality less occurring) barrier values to the "closest fit" of one of the still rendered "consolidated" values. This will make the introduction of new values extremely difficult, for the only advantage of finding typos easier.

cheers,
Martin