[OSM-talk] Best way to amalgamate two relations?

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Fri Jan 1 18:56:39 UTC 2016

Thanks to all who commented.

In hindsight I probably wasn't worth doing, but I've learnt something
new for the future (especially that it can be done in P2)

Jo, I haven't tested it but does JOSM know it's meant to delete the
latter relation? Does the download/editing/upload have to be performed
in one session?

Cheers
Dave F.

On 23/12/2015 15:37, Jo wrote:
> In XML (the raw .osm format) you can also solve this.
>
> Use JOSM to download both relations, save them as an .OSM file.
>
> Open the file with a text editor and do some copy/pasting so only 1
> relations is left with the original id.
>
> Open the file in JOSM and upload. Use the comment to indicate what you
> did.
>
> Polyglot

> <mailto:richard at systemed.net>>:
>
>     Dave F. wrote:
>     > Is there an easy way to transfer the newer data into the
>     > original relation?
>
>     In P2:
>
>     - Select a way belonging to both relations, adding them if needs be
>     - In the \/ menu next to the new relation (Advanced panel), choose
>     'Select
>     all members'
>     - In the \/ menu next to the original relation, choose 'Add
>     selection to
>     this relation'
>     - In the \/ menu next to the new relation, choose 'Delete relation'
>
>     cheers
>     Richard
>

>     --

---