[OSM-talk] Abandoned buildings

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:29:34 UTC 2016

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 00:14:25 +0100
John Doe <theguestone at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tagged some abandoned building in my native city with
> abandoned:building=yes (as wiki) and the building name but now i can't
> search these ones with nominatim (no results) and none of these
> appears on mapnik.
> Is prefix abandoned before building=yes really correct?

"I tagged some abandoned building in my native city with
abandoned:building=yes"

I think it is mistake. abandoned: prefix makes sense for things like
shops where there is a fundamental difference between active shop (POI
- it is possible to buy something there or provides some services).

abandoned:shop, abandoned:amenity is solely an orientation point.

In case of buildings there is no such fundamental difference between
used and unused one.