[OSM-talk] Fixing Starbucks Wikipedia Tags (Was Nominatim Weakness)

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Thu Jan 21 22:16:41 UTC 2016

On 1/21/2016 1:44 PM, Clifford Snow wrote:

> When we are done cleaning up Starbucks, we'll still have at least one
> Starbucks with a wikipedia link, the original store

But this won't be a link to the Starbucks article, but instead the
specific one on that notable store.

> I still believe that Nominatim should give back results based on bbox
> regardless of wikipedia for certain features. In this case, amenity=cafe.

If you want results only within a bounding box, set that parameter when
querying Nominatim. See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim#Parameters for
documentation on Nominatim, or as an example,

-
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?format=xml&bounded=1&viewbox=-123.1%2C50.2%2C-122.7%2C50.1&q=Starbucks
for a query with few results and
-