[OSM-talk] Fwd: Automated edits code of conduct

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 09:28:30 UTC 2016

> If you do a search-and-replace on 20 elements and review manually the
> change, it is covered under the AE CoC. I don't think of that as an
> advanced or uncommon task.

when you do any "search and replace" based edits I believe these are
correctly considered automated edits, because you can only in rare
occassions do a real "manual review": you would have to visit (or at least
have visited) all those places and see what is there on the ground,
otherwise you can't be sure what the tags are applied to, and if a change
makes sense.

Cheers,
Martin