[OSM-talk] What3words

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue Jul 12 11:34:55 UTC 2016

El Martes 12. julio 2016 14.12.06 Heather Leson escribió:
> Well, slightly off-topic but I am often perplexed by the vitriol in OSM.

Let me quote one of my personal heroes, Eric Raymond, from the FAQ in
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#keepcool :

«Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit
communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about
solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy.»

We're not PR people. We're engineers and developers, and communicate as such.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es> <ivan at geonerd.org>
<ivan at mazemap.no>