[OSM-talk] What3words

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 12:57:21 UTC 2016

>We're not PR people. We're engineers and developers, and communicate as
such.

I don't think its called communication.  Communication is discussing ideas
and respecting others point of view.

I may see issues in what is being suggested I may have concerns about the
ideas but communication should be limited to issues and concerns.

These days we accomplish more by working in teams but to do that you have
to be able to communicate your ideas to others.

The soft skills are essential.  I used to work through one of the admin
assistants who ran the Avon catalog and she would show the new system to
her clients as they came into the office, we noted their feedback.

When we sent upper management in to do a presentation on the new system
they were met with Oh we know about that next agenda item.  They came back
perplexed as they'd never seen anything from IT go thrugh so smoothly but
we never let on how we'd done it.

Cheerio John