[OSM-talk] Can we utilise the popularity of Pokémon Go for OSM?

Jóhannes Birgir Jensson joi at betra.is
Thu Jul 14 12:57:10 UTC 2016

We have avoided PokeStops and Gyms being added to OSM in Iceland by
releasing a crowd sourced Google Map instead (not original by us but we
now point people to it and I've been adding some there myself). The game
hasn't been released yet officially in Iceland but that hasn't been an
issue for the thousands playing it.

The Icelandic Pokémon map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1cTBfluTIInZhyDLu_tOID36uiyQ

Þann 14.07.2016 12:10, Philip Barnes reit: