[OSM-talk] OSM registrations by County

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Jul 30 13:57:33 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> The self-declared location data in the profile is currently not public
> outside of the display on the map in the profile view of the accounts, all
> statistics from Pascal Neis, many others and myself use changeset data
> (typically the first changeset) to determine "where" a mapper belongs to.
> But as a consequence these are all people that have actually already mapped.
>

> You should be able to get a rough number from
> http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/oooc?zoom=11&lat=51.20313&lon=1.00444&layers=B00FFTFFFT

You may want to use the "Main Activity Center" layer, that was the only
layer in which I could find my own icon in a reasonably accurate location.
Just testing things out (helps that there are very few people with 2000+
changesets), here's what I found:

Real location: Tulsa's Delaware district (vicinity of the bridge between
Tulsa and Jenks).
Map Activity Center: About a block from the eastbound Yale Avenue exit in
midtown Tulsa, a mile south of Expo Square (not a bad guess, I do spend a
lot of time at the water park there).
Activity center (past 6 months): 2nd and Detroit, Blue Dome District, a few
blocks from the center of the universe.
First Node Created:  Near 24th and State in Salem, Oregon.
First Node Created (6  months): Honestly couldn't find myself anywhere
worldwide.
Last Node: At least this one's back in-state again, but at Wyandotte and
Harold Andrews Boulevard in Locust Grove, not even the same county.
Last Node (6 months): same spot

/Unrelated, looking at http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-notes, had the
sudden revelation that I've singlehandedly accounted for somewhere in the
ballpark of 1 in 3 open notes in the US...yes, I am catching up on mapping
those.