[OSM-talk] MAPS.ME edits - partly sub-standard

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:56:05 UTC 2016

> Joost, we don't have such entry barriers until now, it would be better to
> avoid them in improving the editor.
> Yves

What I meant to say is that there are currently barriers to participation:
the level of commitment required to learn iD or JOSM.

maps.me lowers that barrier, and here we are, complaining about the result.

So lowering the barriers means more QA. I'm agnostic as to whether it's
best to achieve better QU through improving the editor, asking for more
mapper involvement or more manual revision.