[OSM-talk] OSM in Open Source Conference in Albania

Besfort Guri besiguri at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 09:01:53 UTC 2016

Dear all,

Open Labs Hackerspace <http://openlabs.cc> are working very hard for the
organization of the third edition of Open Source Conference Albania
<http://oscal.openlabs.cc>.
OSCAL (Open Source Conference Albania) is the first annual conference in
Albania organized to promote software freedom, open source software, free
culture and open knowledge. The third edition of the conference will take
place at 14 May 2016 & 15 May 2016 in Tirana and will gather free once
again libre open source technology users, developers, academics,
governmental agencies and people who share the idea that software should be
free and open for the local community and governments to develop and
customize to its needs; that knowledge is a communal property and free and
open to everyone.

Open Labs Hackerspace is working very hard in Albania to establish an
active OSM community and that's why Marin (in CC) is leading the efforts
for an OSM presence at OSCAL with an info booth, where we will talk to new
potential contributors about the different ways of being part of the
community.
Having said this, it would really help the efforts of our community if we
had more Mapathon hosts and OSM community members present at the
conference.

Here is the link for participants that want to join the info booth:
http://oscal.openlabs.cc/call-for-applications-info-booths/
Call for applications can be found here:
http://oscal.openlabs.cc/oscal-2016-call-for-proposals/
Looking forward having as many community members as possible.

You can find all the details also presented at my OSM diary here
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/rskikuli/diary/38141
Best regards from Tirana,

--

*Besfort Guri*
GIS Developer

+386 49 87 75 75
Blog: http://www.bguri.net

An EU funded project managed by
EU Office in Kosovo
Implemented by NIRAS in consortium with DLG and INSI

Address: Str Shaban Polluzha, No 3, Prishtina, Kosovo