[OSM-talk] [http://zikes.website/] New OSM based (bicycle) journey planner

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Sat Nov 5 20:27:58 UTC 2016

Hello Remek, on your website you mention sub-projects:

   - Bespoke routing (path finding) server with pluggable cost function,
   which allows for expressing those à la carte parameters (preferences for
   the kinds of roads, their climb and/or rural/urban character, etc.).
   - Python-based script suite transforming the Open Street Map data into
   the form digestible by the routing server;

What are you using for this any existing routing toolchain or did you roll
your own? And if you created your own, is it open source?

> Nice Website and Tutorial.

> > Dear All.,
> >
> > The kind people in the OSM forum advised that i re-post this here. I hope
> > it's not seen as a spam.
> >
> > I am a keen (long distance) cyclist and frustrated by the lack of
> planning
> > tools, bit by bit, I landed with my own that I would like to share with
> the
> > community: http://zikes.website/ - should it of course capture the
> > community's imagination. It's a working beta with a couple of loose ends,
> > but I use it and my friends use it and friends of said friends use it and
> > time has come that I seek wider exposure. It's free I might add.
> >
> > The rationale (use case) is presented here
> > https://sites.google.com/site/zikesroute/.
> >
> > Of course I am interested in any form of feedback, collaboration, testers
> > willing to take it for their first spin... and ultimately perhaps in
> landing
> > the service on this list.
> >
> > with regards
> >
> > Remster