[OSM-talk] [http://zikes.website/] New OSM based (bicycle) journey planner

Remek Zajac remekz at go2.pl
Sat Nov 5 21:05:33 UTC 2016

I've just updated the meta page <https://sites.google.com/site/zikesroute/>
with links to the code.
I've been labelling it with the GNU license w/o giving it much thought
actually. It is open source, as in, I am happy if people look at it or fork
it to other places.
I may not be able to assist its adoption elsewhere - unless it's on my
roadmap.

the C++ routing engine is the "grand jewel" - as in, it has a rich set of
tests and i have been writing it with a lot of care.
the rest, admittedly, has a lot of prototype traces in it.

doing things from first principles has been means for me learn how OSM in
particular and routing in general work.
i don't wanna be told that 'hey, there is flawless routing server laying
there for you to adopt" - too late for that now :) mine's working pretty
well.