[OSM-talk] Taglists support for rendering examples

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Mon Nov 14 01:22:28 UTC 2016

On 6 November 2016 at 12:52, Jochen Topf <jochen at remote.org> wrote:
> I have now added support to taginfo for showing an example rendering in
> the taglists on the wiki.

I enabled this functionality now on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Map_Features/man_made .

We now have TagList templates for the following keys.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Map_Features/natural
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Map_Features/geological
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Map_Features/man_made
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Map_Features/emergency
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Map_Features/office

I could use some help with creating TagList templates for the other
keys. Is anybody interested?

To repeat my message of last time:
| Creating the template page itself is easy. Just create a page name
| Template:Map_Features/XXX where XXX is the key; have a look at one of
| the existing pages for more information.
|
| Now we need to check if the TagList is correct and complete. To do so,
| check if all entries on the old map features page have an entry on the
| TagList page (this should be the case if they have wiki entries).
| Also, check if the definition and photo on the new page is not worse
| than the definition on the old page.
|
| (Note: by convention, definitions typically start with 'a' or 'an',
| and avoid repeating the name of the object itself. For example for
natural=wetland, do not use "the wetland tag is used for natural areas
| subject to inundation or with waterlogged ground" but "a natural area
| subject to inundation or with waterlogged ground".)

The other thing that needs to be done is fixing the svg width/height
parameters in the svg's in openstreetmap-carto (see the other messages
in this thread).

-- Matthijs