[OSM-talk] Lot's of locality names in an otherwise empty area

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 10:30:35 UTC 2016

On 21/11/16 09:51, Andrew Errington wrote:
> It could be tagging for the renderer.  A 'locality' tag causes a label
> to appear on the map.

That has crossed my mind. Actually, that is how the issue came to my
attention - on my GPS navigation software, which uses OSM maps, it
appears as if the area is riddled with lots and lots of villages or
something, on every field. Maybe I should contact the Navit developers
and suggest that "locality" tag is not rendered any more in Navit.