[OSM-talk] Overhaul of https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Use_OpenStreetMap

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Tue Nov 22 21:07:19 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

I would like to overhaul one of the second level landing pages in the wiki
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Use_OpenStreetMap

The main reason is that I've found a forum thread with a completely
misinformed user
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=56469
When trying to send a proper link to our documentation, I have realized
that indeed the wiki leaves a newbie seeking data no way to find how to
access it.

For this reason I would like to add back the links to
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Download
that used to be on the front page.

To avoid disturbing a second level landing page, I have made a mock-up
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Roland.olbricht/Use_OSM

Please feel free to discuss it on the wiki
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Use_OpenStreetMap

I suggest to move the mock-up to the real page in a week if no major
objections come up.

Cheers,

Roland