[OSM-talk] Should we send automated "nag" emails?

Michał Brzozowski www.haxor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 01:38:00 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 8:27 PM, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To catch the mappers before they get set in their habits?

This is, in my opinion, the most underrated wisdom right now. Bad data
causes more bad data. This is both by imitation by other users and by
implicit approval, or rather no feedback.

On top of that, some users meticulously map their personal "pet
projects" (usually either mapping something in insane detail, or some
specialized domain like "abandoned railways" or "historical this and
that"). If their work needs to be corrected or the data doesn't really
belong to OSM - and e.g. will disappear off the render - you know
you're going to have a hard time fixing it as they won't let you go
even if you're right.

Michał