[OSM-talk] Looking for "primary language" map

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Tue Apr 11 07:26:14 UTC 2017

You could try to run the "name" tag though a language detection
algorithm and see what comes out. I think Google released one a few
years ago: cf. https://github.com/Mimino666/langdetect

Ethnologue has some. But I think it would cost a lot to licence.
https://www.ethnologue.com/ and is probably much more precise than you need.