[OSM-talk] Macromapping problems

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Tue Aug 22 06:38:54 UTC 2017

On 22.08.17 01:42, Daniel Koć wrote:
> That's probably why we have Asia mapped as a node in the middle of
> nowhere:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/36966065

Good morning Daniel,

This node is in the Irkutsk Oblast [1]. I was born and lived there for a
while.

Irkutsk Oblast has got an area larger than the area of say Germany,
California, or France. The nature, woods, rivers, lakes, etc. there is
amazing. It is one of the most beautiful regions of the planet.

Actually the whole territory at and around this node is coniferous
forest which is not mapped yet, and that is why also not visible on the
macro-map.

I remember that when I as a child had to move with my parents to a city
in an European part I was surprised that there were so little wild
nature around a city and so many agriculture fields.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irkutsk_Oblast

With best regards,

Oleksiy