[OSM-talk] Highway=trunk : harmonization between countries ?

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 22 11:29:10 UTC 2017

The road classification suggests a default maxspeed, in the absence of
more explicit information. I don't understand why junction penalties
should be dependent on the road classes, and not on physical
characteristics. I guess this is just a heuristic which can be useful if
you don't have the full picture.

I would like to take a closer look at your example route... Can you give
start and end locations?

--colin