[OSM-talk] Highway=trunk : harmonization between countries ?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 15:54:57 UTC 2017

On 22/08/17 12:29, Colin Smale wrote:
> I would like to take a closer look at your example route... Can you give
> start and end locations?

http://map.project-osrm.org/?z=11&center=52.149501%2C-1.577225&loc=52.048797%2C-1.856918&loc=52.258912%2C-1.619625&hl=en&alt=0

43.4km 33min

Dragged to normal route via Mickleton it becomes 32.3km 34min, but
anybody who uses this section of the A46 will tell you that it's often
stationary traffic even on the dual bits ... so the quoted times are
simply wrong a lot of the time.

To add to the fun Warwickshire has decided they will enforce a county
wide 50MPH maximum overriding the national limit so some of the long
straight sections we 'should' be slowing down while some sections of the
A46 are 70, but the same 50 limit applies to other long stretches on the
A46 as well ;)

I have a smaller problem heading south to the M5 and again 'shortest'
picks the quick route but then avoids the M5 as well :) Interesting ...
checking OSRM is getting it right so I need to check OSMAND again on that.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL