[OSM-talk] Highway=trunk : harmonization between countries ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 19:45:24 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 22. Aug 2017, at 14:40, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>
> Another is in the US
>  where there are many roads signed 65 mph where traffic normally moves
>  at 80 mph.

80mph are 129kph, so I guess these are motorways or bigger roads?
Maybe this should be fixed by the legislator rather than in osm? If everybody is ignoring a specific law and it doesn't harm others, maybe the law has to be updated? ;-)

Generally it might be interesting to add a preference to routing engines ("I'll be going 20 more than allowed where possible")?

cheers,
Martin