[OSM-talk] Highway=trunk : harmonization between countries ?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 13:18:31 UTC 2017

On 24/08/17 13:15, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I might experiment with a few roads.  But people should not worry that
> I'll do anything large scale (more than 30 minutes in JOSM, the unit of
> editing :-) -- I agree this is complicated and not resolved.  I view it
> as an eventual step towards better routing.

The starting point is the raw data in OSM ... but when something does
not look right in using that data just where do you start? I know my own
problems are mainly how the data is used and if I had more time I would
look to adjust the assumptions to give a more realistic 'fastest' route
for UK rural areas - and get my blue motorway, green trunk and red
primary road back :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL