[OSM-talk] Highway=trunk : harmonization between countries ?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 14:16:36 UTC 2017

On 24/08/2017 14:18, Lester Caine wrote:

> The starting point is the raw data in OSM ... but when something does
> not look right in using that data just where do you start? I know my own
> problems are mainly how the data is used and if I had more time I would
> look to adjust the assumptions to give a more realistic 'fastest' route
> for UK rural areas

No idea what router you're using, but a common-or-garden Garmin satnav
using OSM data is pretty much bang on timing-wise for rural routing
around here.

>   - and get my blue motorway, green trunk and red
> primary road back :)

I don't think we're actually short of map tiles with those colours :)
The UK/IE ones that I create are like that, and many others are too -
either styles not updated since 2014 or deliberately chosen to look that
way.

Best Regards,

Andy