[OSM-talk] OSM and science

Yves yvecai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 04:11:27 UTC 2017

On Thursday 24 August 2017, Frederik Ramm wrote:

It is certainly good for OSM to offer a helping hand to scientists
who are seeking cooperation. I would also like us to develop a review
and fact check mechanism for scientific publications on OSM so that
those who don't bother to get their facts right are held accountable
for the bad science they inevitably produce.

No need to take it this way: it would be a way for publishers to get a review from the community while not being part of it. I 'm no expert in social science, and I  wouldn't necessarily judge badly this argument.

Yves