[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Redacting 75, 000 street names contributed by user chdr

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:18:36 UTC 2017

The essential discussion here is -- OSM communities can put together plans ahead of this redaction, in order to minimize impact to the map. With sufficient legal process. This seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to plan out, rather than doing a large scale revert and scrambling to clean up after.
The chdr problem has been with us for years. There is little risk in giving slightly more time to plan ahead. Perhaps that is best done country by country. * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

    On Monday, August 28, 2017 7:06 AM, Christoph Hormann <osm at imagico.de> wrote:

 On Monday 28 August 2017, Greg Morgan wrote:
> We do get to go through the five stages.  We do get to express the
> emotions until acceptance of our fate as part of the healing process.
>  There is no rubber stamping!
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

You are free to express your emotions but I think you are overreaching
here with comparing a redaction of data in OSM to the grief over a
serious personal loss.

In case this was not clear the term 'healed' as i used it was referring
to the legal concept of healing a breach of contract or other legal
infractions by ceasing some activity or doing something you neglected
to do before.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/