[OSM-talk] OSM Streak: edit the map every day

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Sun Dec 3 20:27:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am Ilya and I have been uploading changesets 15 days in a row. Not
because I'm so into it or somebody makes me: I've made a tool that
reminds me to do it. In a year I expect my HDYC activity chart to be
completely filled. And you can have the same too.

Introducing OSM Streak: a website that gives you points for submitting
changesets each day:

http://streak.osmz.ru/

You get 1 point for the first changeset, and then you get more: for
example, I will receive 4 points for my next changeset tomorrow. And
that is not all: it gives you a random task each day, so you don't stare
at the map trying to come up with an idea. For completing a task, you
get an extra point. And when you map many days in a row, you gain
levels, which open more tasks.

Forgetting to visit a website is expectable, so OSM Streak is also a
Telegram bot (find the link on the "Connect" page). With the bot, you
can forget about the website: it accepts changesets and sends you tasks
every day. Alternatively, you can subscribe to e-mail notifications,
which will be sent on 1:00 UTC.

All the tasks and the website and the bot can (and should!) be
translated into your language. We have English and Russian, and I would
be very grateful for more translations:

https://www.transifex.com/openstreetmap/osm-streak/

Have a truly mappy new year,
Ilya