[OSM-talk] OSM Streak: edit the map every day

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Sun Dec 3 22:19:19 UTC 2017

Wow, that is an awesome project! I envy you students for having such
unusual OSM activities :) And thanks to you, now I know about the
backrest=* tag. Everyone here could benefit from it.

Can you write a blog post about the PoliMappers' Adventures? Maybe it
could get published on blog.osm.org — CWG would decide that.

Also, I'd format the wiki page to have the current quest in big letters
at the top, maybe with a picture. That way people returning to it won't
have to scroll down to find the next quest. You don't need any software
for this adventure.

The OSM Streak project is a bit different: it is automatic, and it
doesn't make you learn much. The goal was to have a five-minute task for
a day, so you don't have to plan your mapping. Just start an editor,
click around for a minute, upload. Otherwise you'd get tired after a
month or two.

The source code is published on github: https://github.com/Zverik/osmstreak

Ilya