[OSM-talk] JOSM looking for translators for several languages

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:18:50 UTC 2017

Here's a call from the JOSM-dev-list, which I'm reposting here, maybe
someone is interested in giving a hand. This is the translation overview
page in the JOSM wiki:
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Translations

I had a look at our translation statistics recently and [it's a pity] that
there is no real progress to see, compared to the situation a few years ago.

A few languages are well maintained, but already such common languages like
French and Spanish have large gaps.

Mainly a few individuals keep the whole translations business alive (many
thanks to these mostly unnamed heros BTW).

Does anybody have ideas how more translators could be attracted for the
languages which have many missing texts?

We do daily text uploads and although launchpad has issues from time to
time it usually is stable. The tools exist.

I think the main problem is that people aren't aware they could help and
are needed to do so.

Ciao