[OSM-talk] Untagged Nodes and Ways

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:19:02 UTC 2017

> > I would be interested in hearing from you why we should ever allow
> > untagged ways to be uploaded.
>
> Well, to be pedantically correct*, many untagged ways are members of
> relations which have tags.

I think a hint like JOSM presents you when you try to upload an untagged
way or node (that aren't part of a relation either) should be sufficient. I
wouldn't reject those ways by the api. There might also be some sense in
this, e.g. when working on big things a mapper might want to upload part of
his work before it is finished, to continue work on it later.

Cheers,
Martin