[OSM-talk] Rendering issues with Carto 4.0

Andrew Buck andrew.r.buck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 20:58:35 UTC 2017

Regarding the 15,000 in Canada and 8,000 in New Zealand from imports, is
this a case where a mechanical edit to fix them would be appropriate
(with appropriate planning of course).  Something like mechanically
doing all the version 1 objects with the relevant source tags would save
a lot of manual work with very little chance of causing problems.

I would say, for now, to make the maproulette task skip these two areas
so that the manual editing by people is focused on the other areas while
a mechanical solution for these two cases is discussed.  If there is no
consensus on fixing them mechanically before the maproulette people fix
the rest of the world then add these to maproulette, otherwise maybe
they can be fixed without manual intervention.

-AndrewBuck