[OSM-talk] Rendering issues with Carto 4.0

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Thu Jun 22 09:49:25 UTC 2017

Hi!

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 03:58:35PM -0500, Andrew Buck wrote:
> Regarding the 15,000 in Canada and 8,000 in New Zealand from imports, is
> this a case where a mechanical edit to fix them would be appropriate
> (with appropriate planning of course).  Something like mechanically
> doing all the version 1 objects with the relevant source tags would save
> a lot of manual work with very little chance of causing problems.
>
> I would say, for now, to make the maproulette task skip these two areas
> so that the manual editing by people is focused on the other areas while
> a mechanical solution for these two cases is discussed.  If there is no
> consensus on fixing them mechanically before the maproulette people fix
> the rest of the world then add these to maproulette, otherwise maybe
> they can be fixed without manual intervention.

I have contacted both communities through their mailing lists, lets see
what they say.

I checked and you are right: 99% of all problematic data involved in
those two imports was not changed from version 1. So an automated fix
might be possible. I don't know who wants to take this on though.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688