[OSM-talk] Fixing broken multipolygons

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sat Mar 4 15:54:45 UTC 2017

On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 11:03:26AM +0000, moltonel at gmail.com wrote:
> You should also look out for MPs with tags on the outer ring but
> should actually only be on the realtion. Having the same tags on inner
> and outer is a nice heuristic that QA tools detect, but is not the
> only way that old-style polygons (which AFAIU wont be supported by
> osm2pgsql at some stage) can happen.

I do.

https://github.com/osmlab/fixing-polygons-in-osm/blob/master/doc/problems.md#old-style-tagging
http://area.jochentopf.com/stats/#old_style_multipolygons

Same tags on inner and outer is just a subset of the old-style polygons.

Currently I am concentrating on actually broken polygons, the old-style
polygons are next and I will create challenges for them, too.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688