[OSM-talk] Fixing broken multipolygons

moltonel at gmail.com moltonel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 11:03:26 UTC 2017

On 4 March 2017 9:50:41 AM GMT+00:00, Martin Koppenhoefer
>I want to point out though that "
>Errors: Inner rings with same tags as outer rings"
>
>are not necessarily errors, and should not be "fixed" unless you know
>very well the situation and can tell that there's indeed a
>redundancy/data problem. E.g. you can have a building or building:part
>inside another building or building:part. These could be tagged still
>"incompletely" hence having just the same tags for the moment but be
>different objects nonetheless. Similarly woods inside woods, etc.

You should also look out for MPs with tags on the outer ring but should actually only be on the realtion. Having the same tags on inner and outer is a nice heuristic that QA tools detect, but is not the only way that old-style polygons (which AFAIU wont be supported by osm2pgsql at some stage) can happen.

Sometimes it's tricky: I recently fixed a MP with no tag, 1 inner, 1 outer, and the outer taged as natural=wood leisure=park. Turned out the park was mostly wood with a clearing, so moved only natural=wood to the relation.

--
Sent from my internet