[OSM-talk] Responding to vandalism

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 17:13:02 UTC 2017

> Now here what has to be done is an appropriate testing mechanism.
> There are some functionality already done (like the one in Belgium),
> but the problem is that everybody sees ALL last changes, there is no
> way to SHARE the work of checking and you never know if somebody has
> already checked the changeset.

Well yes, that is possible. There are two approaches: create a database of
suspicious and/or reviewed changesets. Or: document your review process
using structured Changeset Discussions, so they are available for your tool
(and possibly others)

Can I plug the #pleasereview idea again too? People should really be
encouraged to mark their changeset as "I'm not entirely sure of what I'm
doing". That way, more timid people will be more tempted to try something
new. It really is quite easy to implement, as adding it to the Changeset
comment would feed any of several existing tools. See my blog post from
some time back:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/diary/39876