[OSM-talk] OSM Note 1000000

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Fri May 26 12:46:42 UTC 2017

(Could repliers please 'To:' the OSM list *not* the personal address of
the sender)

> <mailto:davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com>>:
>
>     Quantity is not quality, as you note above.
>

> Quality concerns are part of the reason why notes were introduced: to
> give an easy feedback possibility without a risk to damage actual map
> data.

But the feedback is majoritively of a poor quality, providing little
improvement to the OSM database

> as long as we can deal with incoming notes, it is OK. If they're
> beginning to pile than we could require a feedback address (login or
> some other kind of auth) to reduce the quantity and to raise the
> chance for actual communication in case of questions.

I'd be happy with 10 million notes as long as they led to an increase in
accuracy of the OSM database. Unfortunately that's just not the situation.

DaveF.