[OSM-talk] New OSM Quick-Fix service

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Mon Nov 13 23:02:36 UTC 2017

Hi Yuri,

Am 13.11.2017 um 22:58 schrieb Yuri Astrakhan:
> Andy, I can only assume you agree with the rest of my argument. As for this
> case -- this is not a mechanical edit. Per definition. I looked at each of
> these three features, analyzed them, and thought this is a reasonable
> change. You could call it a mistake (I am human), but it cannot be called
> mechanical.

Here comes another of our unwritten rules into play. Even if a
systematical edit [1] is not a mechanical edit, it is sensible to
discuss it beforehand as if it were a mechanical edit (although you
could steps which involve the OSM wiki). This rule is unwritten but
people who have followed discussions on any relevant mailing list or
forum section will know it because some other users mentioned it there.
That's why silently reading discussions for a while before doing
possibly disruptive things in OSM is recommended (another unwritten rule).

Best regards

Michael